Effective 21 July 2022
Kalvium is a disruptive edtech company, with a mission to transform the future of higher education in technology. Kalvium reimagined the traditional computer science engineering degree construct using their proprietary and cutting-edge technology. Through this they integrate work as a part of the program along with liberal courses, to offer (4 years fully residential) India’s First Liberal Engineering program,
Privacy for Members
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. If you are not a Member, the visitor’s section of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, “you” and “your” refer to Members and potential Members.
Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
This information may include:
- Registration information: You need to register on Kalvium’s website(s) to use the Services as a Member. When you register, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your foll name, email address, phone number, username, password, profile picture etc.
- Billing and communications information: If you purchase our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing/communication address. Kalvium will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
This information may include:
- Device information:We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of courses. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioural data (such as information about the use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including but not limited to
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you
This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, and alerting you if we need a different payment method. We use third parties for secure payment transaction processing, and those third parties collect billing information to process your orders and payments.
- To send you system alert messages.
This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
- For our data analytics projects.
Our data analytics projects use data from Kalvium services, including Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your usage habits and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members.
- Combined information.
- Other purposes.
We may also contact you via email, facsimile, phone or text messages to deliver certain services or information that you have requested. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletionof Personal Information. Kalvi takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. As a Member, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings provided through the Kalvi platform(s).
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the EEA can object to the processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
- In the case of unauthorised access to your account, please do contact [email protected]
Privacy for Visitors
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section “you” and “your” refers to Visitors.
Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to providePersonal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, profile information) in order to apply for a position with Kalvi, or otherwise submit inquiries to us on Kalvi. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact, job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions, we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including
To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
For recruitment purposes, if you have applied for a position with Kalvi.
To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
To customize the content and layout of the Websites.
To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Kalvium takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at [email protected]. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at [email protected]
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have any queries, write to us at contact us @kalvieducation.com